Members of the Penn State learning design community are invited to submit a proposal to lead a session at Learning Design Summer Camp, to take place Tuesday, July 17 at the Deike Building, College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, Penn State University.
The event is fun and informal, so sessions offering opportunities for active learning, socializing, and creativity are especially welcome.
To submit a session topic, fill out the online proposal form by June 8.
Need some inspiration for a presentation? Click on each heading for our list of different ideas on Building Bridges!
- Faculty learning communities
- Web learning
- Media commons
- Open educational resources
- Exemplary examples of course design
- Faculty development
- Scholarship of instructional design
- Data collection and analysis
- Theory based course design process
- Pedagogical practices
- Design Thinking
- Hands-on data driven decision making
- Video best practices (Planning, learning, filming and producing – H5P interactive video, Kaltura, 360 video)
- Using images in courses (Online / Residential / Hybrid)
- Web conferencing best practices (Zoom)
- 3D Printing
- Digital fluency
- Creating quizzes in Respondus
- Assessment strategies (Formative & Summative)
- Tips and tricks
- Connecting with students using piazza
- Building cross-campus classroom learning environments
- Learning Spaces – what's happening and how are they being used?
- Active learning strategies
- Augmented reality / Virtual reality (Immersive technologies)
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Transformative learning